Certification according to ISO 9001 is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field.
It specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization:
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and;
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
This norm specifies Quality Management principle, namely:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management (QMS)
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relations
ISO 9001 at Lacoviana
Lacoviana holds the ISO 9001:2008 certification since 2010.
For further information visit www.iqnet-certification.com and www.apcer.pt